Have the courage to be imperfect
Joanne Warren, SSW, BA, MLIS, MACP, RCC, FMCHC
• I began working in the social service field in the summer of 1974 setting up a crisis line while completing a Social Service Worker Program.
• Counselling youth in Group Home settings challenged my knowledge base therefore I went on to complete a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Women’s Studies.
• I worked in a variety of counselling and information management positions. Operating a library for Ophthalmologists inspired me to complete a Master in Library and Information Studies.
• My husband and I wished to grow more of our organic food, so we located a pristine acreage in the semi-arid British Columbia (Canada) interior. The farm has been managed according to Certified Organic Management Standards (PACS #16-318) since 1998. To feed the farm economically, I managed a private counselling practice since 1998 researching, writing treatment plans, and composing letters for court proceedings and other professional communications.
•A Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology exposed me to current evidence based research describing our complex bio-psycho-social-spiritual selves. My commitment to Professional Development has assisted the addition of multiple specialized skill trainings, such as HeartMath, EMDR, and Functional Medicine Coaching.
• As a life long student, I practice self-care and strongly encourage clients to become his or her personal best.
• I look forward to our relationship sharing our life journeys.